Place of Interest
Small town in the west of the Hyblean Mountains
The small town Buccheri is located on a hill north of Palazzolo Acreide. The unassuming town is worth a visit, especially because of its two baroque churches. The Chiesa della Maddalena was built in 1709 and designed by Michelangelo di Giacomo. The three-nave pillar basilica has richly ornamented façades and a wide belfry. A high staircase leads up to the second Baroque church in the city, the church of St. Anthony Abbate. Its three-story façade with flanking columns is an eye-catcher.