City tour through Rome
Through the inner city
The last day of our city tour takes you through the Roman city centre and its famous buildings of antiquity as well as magnificent buildings from the Baroque and Renaissance. The low traffic inner city streets provide ample space for shopping and strolling.
Day 3 in the morning:
- The tour starts at Piazza Navona. In addition to the beautiful composition of the square, Bernini's Four Rivers Fountain deserves special attention.
- We leave the square on the west side and reach over the Via del Salvatore the Piazza della Rotonda with the Pantheon, the best preserved building of ancient Rome.
- Along the Via dei Pastini you now walk westward to the stock exchange and to the Piazza Colonna with the Colonna di Marco Aurelio, the column of honour for the Emperor Marcus Aurelius.
- Over the Via dei Sabini you now reach the Fontana di Trevi, the Trevi Fountain. This baroque masterpiece by Nicolo Salvi has become world famous ever since the movie "La Dolce Vita".
Day 3 in the afternoon:
- Now you walk down the Via Poli at the north end and the Via di Propaganda to the Piazza di Spagna, where you can admire the famous Spanish Steps.
- Across the shopping streets of Rome, the Via dei Condotti, you can now stroll up to the Piazza del Popolo and really enjoy Roman life.
You may also wish to extend the tour. Besides some churches the Altar of Augustan Peace, the Villa Borghese and the museums in the Palazzo Barberini, the Palazzo Doria Pamphili and the Palazzo Altemps are recommended.