Nuns Church of G.B. Vaccarini
The church of the nuns convent of St. Agatha, in the typical style of the Sicilian baroque, rises along the north side of the cathedral. It is considered to be the masterpiece of the architect Giovanni Battista Vaccarini and was built after the earthquake of 1693 on the ruins of the previous church. The church stands out because of its magnificent façade and the mighty eight-sided dome which spans the building. Inside, four cross arms are grouped around the large area below the dome. Connected to the church Badia Sant'Agata is the nunnery which, together with the church, forms a large complex.