Palace with historic city library
Palazzo Gambalunga was built by Alessandro Gambalunga in 1619 and harboured Gambalunga’s erstwhile private library. The palace with the library went to the city in 1619, thanks to Gambalunga’s testament.
The Gambalunga library is one of Italy’s most valuable libraries and disposes of a real book treasure with more than 286,000 volumes. It is particularly renowned due to its precious codices, book and document collections.