Place of Interest
Medieval Malatesta rampart
Before Monto Colombo became an independent municipality in 1815, it initially was part of Rimini and, later, Montescudo. It was used as a Malatesta fortress to defend against Montefeltro attacks. Together with Montescudo, Monte Colombo formed a rampant. The medieval village structure, surround by rolling olive groves and wide vineyards, is largely preserved to this day. The modifications over the following centuries did not influence Monte Colombo’s appearance resulting in a harmonic cross between old and new. For example, two public washing areas, which used to have a social role as well, are to be found.