Ferrara’s opera and theatre
Teatro Communale built from 1786 to 1797 was designed by the architects Antonio Foschini and Cosimo Morelli. The site for operas, concerts and theatre performances was opened on 2 September 1798. The interior was decorated with frescos and stucco works by Francesco Migliari in 1850. Among other performances, the Teatro was the site of the world premiere of the early Rossini opera "Cyrus in Babylon". Guided tours through the Temple of the Muses are offered during rehearsal-free hours.