Unfinished grand palace with museum
Palazzo Costabili, also known as Palazzo Ludovico il Moro, was originally constructed Biaggio Rossetti for Antonio Costabili, who served as Este ambassador to the court of the Sforza family in Milan, starting in 1495. Construction was ceased in 1503 after the Sforza were banished from Milan. Thus, only two wings of the Renaissance building were completed. The halls imagined by Garofalo in 1508 attest to the erstwhile grand palace.
Nowadays, the palazzo is home to the Museo Archeologico Nazionale. Among its exhibits are pieces from the excavations of the former Etruscan trade port of Spina near Comacchio and samples from more than 4,000 graves. The museum presents collections of Greek and Etruscan art and several Attic redfigured vases from the 5th to 6th century.