Accademia dei Concordi and Pinacoteca
Great collection of paintings in Rovigo
The Accademia dei Concordi was established at today’s Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II in Rovigo back in 1580. Count Gaspare Campo was the driving force at this time and he ordered painters from all over Veneto to paint portraits of famous personalities of the city and display them in the Accademia. Since then, the Accademia deo Concordi has been the cultural centre of art in Rovigo. Today the Pinacoteca is housed in the neighbouring Palazzo Roverella.
Gradually, the collection of portraits was broadened by further paintings. Bequests of important families as well as donations from art patrons such as Count Giovanni Francesco Casilini, an important collector of Venetian art, turned the collection into a real art gallery of Venetian painting with several hundred works of art from different periods. Among them are famous works such as “Madonna and Child and Christ with the Cross” by Giovanni Bellini, the “Flagellation of Christ” by Palma the Elder and “Venus with Mirror” by Jan Gossaert. The collection is supplemented with works by Tiepolo, Mabuse and Giambattista Piazetta, Palma the Younger and some art works from Ferrara, Flanders and Germany. The art gallery is thus one of the largest and most important art collections in Veneto.
between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. : € 5,-