Place of Interest
Baroque town near Enna
Leonforte is located approximately 18 kilometres north of Enna and was founded by Prince Nicolo Placido Branciforte in the 17th Century. Besides the Church of San Giovanni Battista and the palace of the Prince Branciforte, the town has little worth seeing. The only worthwhile attraction is the Granafontana, a monumental cattle trough from 1651. It is located on the outskirts in an arcade wall and impresses with 24 sweeping gables designed in Sicilian baroque style.